Sunday, February 7, 2016

Food Blogging with a Canon T5i?

Sup.

So, I invested in a brand spankin' new camera: the Canon Rebel EOS T5i:


It seriously looks badass and I can't wait to play around with it but I want to read the manual first to see what does what so I don't feel like a total dumbass trying to operate it. My primary focus with this camera is actually gonna be video, but doing some photography I think is something I'd like to give a try as well, and what better subject to try it on than some food? 

I guess my question is to anyone who may use this camera for photography: have you ever tried it on food? What lens do you use? How's the overall quality? 

In general this camera is very well received and I'm obviously not looking to start a photography business or anything, but I think this opens up a lot of possibilities. I mean, a couple viral videos here and there and I'm all set. 

So far I'm impressed with the camera quality, most notably because the first picture I took with it turned out really well despite me not knowing what the hell I was doing:


Jenny is used to me sticking my phone in her face, but this was something completely new.

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts on the food photography, that would be most appreciated. Otherwise, I'll be looking to amass my fortune when I get back to vlogging.